Alexander the Great Quotes
- A tomb now suffices him for whom the whole world was not sufficient.
- Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
- How great are the dangers I face to win a good name in Athens.
- I am dying from the treatment of too many physicians.
- I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.
- I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
- I had rather excel others in the knowledge of what is excellent, than in the extent of my power and dominion.
- Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
- There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
Perma Link | By: T Pettinger |