Facts John Wesley
- John Wesley (1703-1791), was a preacher and founder of Methodism
- He attended Charterhouse school, where he was bullied by fellow pupils.
- It is estimated he rode 250,000 miles, gave away 30,000 pounds, . . . and preached more than 40,000 sermons. - John Wesley: A Biography, by Edward T. Oakes, Copyright (c) 2004 First Things (December 2004)
- John Wesley opposed slavery
- His last words were quoted as The best of it all is, God is with us.
- He is often credited with the phrase: 'Agree to disagree. ' - It stems from his disagreement with Calvinist George Whitfield. They shared certain shared valued - preaching in open air. But, John Wesley disagreed with his calvinist doctrines
Perma Link | By: T Pettinger |