Top 10 Dutch People
Self portrait of Rembrandt, one of the greatest painters of all time. In the field of art, the Netherlands has one of the richest artistic legacies. In the Dutch Golden Age of the Seventeenth Century, the Netherlands produced artists such as Rembrandt, Vermeer, Pieter de Hooch, and Frans Hals. In the twentieth Century, Vincent Van Gogh became perhaps the best known and most influential painter.
Great Dutch philosophers include Spinoza, Erasmus, and Thomas A Kempis (Imitation of Christ)
In the field of sport, the Dutch football team has often been one of the most admired team. The 1970s team led by Johan Cruyff which introduced a new type of 'total football' were seen as one of the greatest teams, despite losing in the final.
This is my top 10 Dutch People.
- Vincent Van Gogh - artist
- Rembrandt - artist
- William of Nassau, "the Silent", Prince of Orange, (1533-1584), stadtholder, founder of The Netherlands
- Johan Cruyff - footballer
- Jan Vermeer - artist
- Anne Frank writer and diarist
- William III of England. King of Holland and England
- Desiderius Erasmus - writer, polemicist, humanist Protestant Reformation
- Baruch de Spinoza, philosopher
- Ruud Gullit (born 1962), football player and coach
Perma Link | By: T Pettinger |