- William Wilberforce - Campaigned to end slavery
- William Wordsworth (1770-1850) - Romantic Poet
- Emily Brontë (1818-1850) - Author of Wuthering Heights.
- Emily Pankhurst (1858-1928) - Suffragette who campaigned for women's suffrage
- Florence Nightingale (1820-1910) - Nurse who helped give new importance to nursing
- Emily Dickinson (1830 – 1886) - Iconic American Poet
- Alexander Bell (1847-1922) - inventor of telephone.
- Charles Darwin ( 1809 – 1882) - Developed theory of evolution which revolutionised how we looked at world.
- George Stephenson (1781 – 1848) - Helped usher in the age of the railway by building first railway.
- Oscar Wilde - Wit, playwright, poet and author
- Louis Pasteur (1822 - 1895) - Scientist who developed pasteurisation
- Michael Faraday -(1791 - 1867) - Scientist
Perma Link | By: T Pettinger |