- In October 2006, Mitsutaka Uchikoshi, a 35-year-old Japanese office worker, fell down a snowy slope while attending a work party near Kobe. His body was found 24 days later, during which time doctors estimated his core temperature had fallen to 71F (22C) (as opposed to the normal 96-98F (36-37C). He made a full recovery.
- If you feed canaries a diet of red peppers they will turn orange.
- Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
- Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
- The black box flight recorders on aircraft are actually bright orange so that they can be found more easily
- More relatively interesting but useless facts
Perma Link | By: T Pettinger |